Family Physician Job Duties:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary
- Coordinate work with nurses, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff
- Must have successfully completed an internship and residency in Family Medicine and at least three years of private patient experience.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- CME Continue education requirements annually to maintain clinic credentials, enhance competencies and augment professional skills
- Have excellent typing skills and experience using computers with programs specifically for electronic medical records documentation.
- excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with patients and their families, as well as colleagues, administrators and co-workers